Documentation for Europeans in Spain: Requirements After 90 Days

Documentation for Europeans in Spain

Today’s News, by Elianne Márquez, from the Toscanolex immigration department, offers vital information for our European friends who have spent or plan to spend more than 90 days in Spain. If you need to know more about Documentation for Europeans in Spain you can contact us.

European Union Citizen Certificate: Documentation for Europeans in Spain Mandatory After 90 Days

Find out why it is imperative to obtain the European Union Citizen Certificate after 90 days in Spain. Elianne Márquez explains in detail how to present the documentation that proves your work activity, whether employed or self-employed.

The Certificate of Citizen of the European Union (EUCE) is a document that certifies the status of citizen of the European Union (EU) and their family members, whether they are EU citizens or not, when they exercise their right to free movement through the territory of the EU Member States.

This certificate is issued by the authorities of the country of residence and provides evidence of the rights that EU citizens and their family members have to reside in another EU country. It is intended to facilitate the exercise of those rights and avoid unjustified obstacles to free movement.

The European Union Citizen Certificate is especially relevant for those European citizens who have been or plan to be in Spain for more than 90 days, since obtaining it is mandatory to guarantee compliance with legal requirements during their stay in the country.

Additionally, explore the option of demonstrating own resources and the need for health insurance.

Documentation for Europeans in Spain Necessary

It is mandatory that they have their European Union citizen certificate; To do this, they may present documentation accrediting their work activity here in the country, whether they are employed or self-employed.

They can also do so by demonstrating sufficient own resources either in a bank in their country of origin or in a Spanish bank; in this case they would also have to present health insurance.

In both cases you must present:

  • Passport
  • Certificate of registration.
  • Application form.
  • Rate.

Document Accompaniment: DNI or Passport of your Country

Understand the importance of accompanying your European Union Citizen Certificate with your country’s identification document, whether it is your DNI or your passport. Elianne Márquez highlights the need for this additional step to guarantee the validity of the certificate.

We are here to help you.

If you need additional information or have specific questions about the documentation required after 90 days in Spain, do not hesitate to contact the Toscanolex team.

We are here to provide you with the guidance and assistance you need through the complex legal process.

Remember that meeting the appropriate requirements is essential to guarantee a legal and successful stay in Spain.

Trust Toscanolex as your trusted law firm in this process!

If you want to see the video of the news, follow us on Instagram where every week we create content to help you.

951 204 595